FlashFXP Forums

FlashFXP Forums (https://www.flashfxp.com/forum/)
-   Bug Reports (https://www.flashfxp.com/forum/flashfxp/release-archive/flashfxp-2-0-release-candidate/bug-reports/)
-   -   Resuming queues from sites in site manager (https://www.flashfxp.com/forum/flashfxp/release-archive/flashfxp-2-0-release-candidate/bug-reports/1670-resuming-queues-sites-site-manager.html)

EwarWoo 10-02-2002 06:40 PM

Resuming queues from sites in site manager

Whenever I have to reboot or close FlashFXP for any reason when I come to resume a queue and the queue contains an FTP from site manager rather than the FTP information for some reason it wont find the site, I always get:
Connection failed (Cannot resolve host name)
If I manually connect to the site via site manager then try to resume the q it works np, just for some reason it cant seem to do it on its own.

bigstar 10-02-2002 07:44 PM

I'm not quite sure why it would fail one way and work the other, Both ways call the same method.

Could you provide a copy of the status window text showing the first attempt failed followed by a sucessful connect via the Site Manager.

If you try connecting directly via the Site Manager before trying to connect with the queue does that work?

EwarWoo 10-02-2002 07:54 PM

Connecting to ***** #12
Delaying for 30 seconds before reconnect attempt #13
Connecting to ***** #13
Delaying for 30 seconds before reconnect attempt #14
Retry attempt Aborted
Connecting to *****
Connected to ***.***.***.*** Port ***
220-This server is for private use only
220-If you do not have access to this server
220-Please disconnect now
220 Please enter your login name now.

Just for some weird reason seems to act like it thinks the site names an IP/DNS name rather than referring to the site manager, yet wehn I resume the q it doesn't try to connect again, it just starts the transfer.

By the way, I've got this for a few versions, just not got round to reporting it before. Maybe even all versions, just not closed mid Q to notice it. I'm currently on RC3 build 875.

MxxCon 10-02-2002 08:43 PM

upgrade to latest available build and see if problem still exist

EwarWoo 10-02-2002 08:52 PM

Connecting to *****
Delaying for 30 seconds before reconnect attempt #1
Retry attempt Aborted
Connecting to *****
Connected to ***.***.***.*** Port ***
220-This server is for private use only

With build 880. Exact same thing.

bigstar 10-02-2002 08:53 PM

Since I can't see the site name I have to ask you does the name contain any characters other than A-Z and 0-9? if so which.

Did you specify an host name in the ip field?

I was thinking it might be trying to resolve the site caption and not the ip field but without your data files I can't confirm that. I did some testing and FlashFXP appears to be working correctly. I really don't know at this time.

EwarWoo 10-02-2002 09:00 PM

The site name did have brackets in it but I've removed them to test and still the same and in the IP field its a standard IP address.

Quote:

I was thinking it might be trying to resolve the site caption and not the ip field but without your data files I can't confirm that.
Yeah, as said earlier that is what it seems to be doing.

bigstar 10-02-2002 10:30 PM

Would it be possible to send me your sites.dat via email? the information will remain confidential, it will only be used to review the integrity. Apart from that since I can't reproduce the problem I'm afraid there isn't much more I can do. Unless you can think of something else that might help.

You can contact me directly at support@flashfxp.com

EwarWoo 10-02-2002 10:36 PM

Unfortunately thats not possible theres confidential sites contained in it.
Its not that big a problem anyhows cos if FlashFXP restarts I'm here restarting it, just thought I should report the bug :)