FlashFXP Forums

FlashFXP Forums (https://www.flashfxp.com/forum/)
-   General (https://www.flashfxp.com/forum/flashfxp/release-archive/flashfxp-v2-1-a/general/)
-   -   FlashFXP transferring slow? (https://www.flashfxp.com/forum/flashfxp/release-archive/flashfxp-v2-1-a/general/2935-flashfxp-transferring-slow.html)

op_ivy 08-20-2003 06:35 PM

FlashFXP transferring slow?

i downloaded the trial version the other day to move files to and from my xbox. everything was running great, 1,000 KBps was the norm. yesterday however, all of a sudden transfer rates significantly dropped to around 10KBps and i cant figure out why...

i have not changed settings. i have tried switching my ethernet cables around, and even bught a few new ones in case some went bad. i double checked to make sure under prefrences that there is no cap on downloads/uploads. i even downloaded another FTP program, but nothing fixes the speed issue.

i dont think this has any relevence, but everynow and then, my xbox is assigned a new IP, and all my troubles started once i got one of the new ones... and its stayed with that one ever since. i'm under the assumption that if it was an IP problem i wouldnt be able to connect via FTP, let alone transfer.

does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be the problem?

many thanks in advance.

op_ivy 08-21-2003 03:59 PM

maybe this will help

FlashFXP v2.2
win98
no firewall
no anti-virus
dsl connection shared by my xbox and pc through a hub

i switched the ethernet cables around, bought new ones, about to try a new hub. getting desperate.

phyber 08-21-2003 04:46 PM

There is no FlashFXP 2.2.
Latest version is FlashFXP v2.1.924

Joker 08-21-2003 04:52 PM

transfering to xbox with flashfxp isnt good, i can only reach speeds upto 40kb/s depends on the upload packet size im using.
when i use ftp.exe i get 4-5mb/s and other ftp program that ive tried leapftp i also get 4-5mb/s.

so for now I use leapftp for xbox transfers, and flashfxp for others. but my trial for leapftp is about to end soon so i hopw flashfxp will fix the problem (if there is any)?

I actually got no idea what the problem could be, other then my upload speed is max 40kb/s.

my home connection is 1024/372kbit

and when i take my comp to a friend of mine who has 10mbit duplex and transfer with flashfxp I get speeds around 1mb/s, somehow flashfxp seem not to transfer with lan speed but with my "normal" upload speed.

im using flashfxp 2.1 b924

and got 2 networkcards in my comp both are 100mbit.
one is connected to internet, the other straight to the xbox (xbox ip is 192.168.100.4).
no hub/switch/router or anything between.
problem occours with zonealarm+norton av enabled and disabled.

the xbox nic is also 100mbit.

and there are no speed limits or anything enabled either.

any help appreciated.

edit: im running win xp pro all updates has been downloaded.

op_ivy 08-21-2003 05:57 PM

the odd thing is, the first 3 or 4 days i had flashfxp it worked fine...

i've tried many other ftp programs, now including leap, and nothing works... all i'm getting is between 8-16 KBps which is horrible.

MxxCon 08-21-2003 06:06 PM

op_ivy, try to reinstall your LAN connection.

Joker, did you try ALL upload packet size values?
for many people 2048 gives the best performance when transfering to/from xbox.
also look into tweaking tcp/ip settings on your nic that's connected to xbox. www.dslreports.com has very good tweaking section.

op_ivy 08-21-2003 07:17 PM

i'm sorry, i'm aware of how stupid this question is, but where can i change the packet size values?

i remember seeing this before, so i'm dumbstruck that i cant find it now

MxxCon 08-21-2003 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by op_ivy
but where can i change the packet size values?
preference, "Advanced" tab, lower right corner

Joker 08-22-2003 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MxxCon
Joker, did you try ALL upload packet size values?
for many people 2048 gives the best performance when transfering to/from xbox.
also look into tweaking tcp/ip settings on your nic that's connected to xbox. www.dslreports.com has very good tweaking section. [/B]

Yes i did try all packet sizes, and from the "worst" to the "best" packet size it only differs 3-5kb/s in other words, not that important.

about the tcp tweak, I did it some time ago, but that shouldnt make a different because transfer is fast with other ftpd program.

What is strange is that flashfxp uses my bandwith i get from my isp, and not my lan speed, that is what i find strange...

because ive tried to place my computer at a friends house and he got 10mbit full duplex, and with flashfxp i transfer at 1-1.1mb/s which is also his bw that he gets from isp, but with another program at his house, such as ftp.exe and leapftp i get full speed to my xbox.

MxxCon 08-22-2003 02:51 PM

in FlashFXP did you bind sockets to a specific IP address?

Joker 08-22-2003 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MxxCon
in FlashFXP did you bind sockets to a specific IP address?
nope, should i do that?

MxxCon 08-22-2003 05:59 PM

no not really..
hmm, i'm stumped..not having an xbox limit my ability to troubleshoot this
if anybody else know how to solve this feel free...

Joker 09-29-2003 12:44 PM

update:

my problem is solved now, it seems like internet connection sharer whas the problem here. still dont know why.
i disabled it and then enabled it again, and suddenly flashfxp is fxping 4-5mb/s like normal, guess whos happy again :)