FlashFXP Forums

FlashFXP Forums (https://www.flashfxp.com/forum/)
-   Bug Reports (https://www.flashfxp.com/forum/flashfxp/release-archive/flashfxp-v2-1-a/bug-reports/)
-   -   can't create folders (https://www.flashfxp.com/forum/flashfxp/release-archive/flashfxp-v2-1-a/bug-reports/412-cant-create-folders.html)

45miles 01-29-2002 09:35 AM

can't create folders

since a few days, i can't transfer whole folder-structures. And I also can make a folder on the FTP-Server but i can't delete it.

Any Ideas about this?

Greets

Rainer

DYN_DaTa 01-29-2002 09:54 AM

Probably you can't delete folders on the server cause you don't have the permission to do it.

The admin of this server have set the "create folder" permission for your account but don't set the "delete folder and files" permission.

45miles 01-29-2002 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DYN_DaTa
Probably you can't delete folders on the server cause you don't have the permission to do it.

The admin of this server have set the "create folder" permission for your account but don't set the "delete folder and files" permission.

No, the permissions are alright. I could create folders before and i also can do it with any other FTP-program. I also can create folder by hand (right-click, create folder). And this not onla appears on one FTP-server, it's on all a tried.

Rainer

MxxCon 01-29-2002 02:09 PM

post error msgs that you get.

45miles 01-30-2002 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MxxCon
post error msgs that you get.
ok, on trying to transfer the folder yoga to the folder demo on the FTP-Server i get the following:

MKD /www/demo/yoga
550 Can't create directory: No such file or directory
CWD /www/demo/yoga/
550 Can't change directory to /www/demo/yoga/: No such file or directory
Transfer queue completed

Rainer

DYN_DaTa 01-31-2002 02:11 PM

well... are you sure that the '/www/demo/' path still exist on this server?... maybe you're trying to make a folder in a path that doesn't exist...

45miles 02-01-2002 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DYN_DaTa
well... are you sure that the '/www/demo/' path still exist on this server?... maybe you're trying to make a folder in a path that doesn't exist...
Hi,
the path /www/demo/ is only a example. I can't create folders anywhere. Any Path, Any Server. But i can with other FTP-programs (WS-FTP). But only not 'on the fly'. (Transfering a whole folder).

Rainer

Fusion 02-01-2002 07:15 AM

Just a quick, and painfully obvious, observation.. In your example you're attempting to create /www/demo/yoga. I'll assume that /www was there from the start, but it's logical that this would fail if /www/demo needs to be created in order to create /www/demo/yoga. There's not that many ftp-servers that are so intelligent that you can create large dir-structure by simply referring to the bottom-most entry and have the server fill in the blanks. If you try it in baby-steps you'll see you have more luck.

45miles 02-01-2002 07:36 AM

Well, i got this message for creating yoga in www and www still existed.

just the baby-steps you mentioned.

Rainer