Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 10-24-2002, 02:07 PM   #1
Rippah
Disabled
FlashFXP Registered User

Unhappy How Come The True File Sizes Have Gone??

hmmm.. not happy just upgraded to version 2.0 and low and behold the file sizes no longer are the true size instead of a 50mb file registering as 50,000kb now its 48,828kb (same as windows file structure ) ~ making it harder to tell if a file is bad by a few bytes -=- is there anyway u can change the settings or anything -=- pls help ????
Old 10-24-2002, 03:26 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

obviously you did not read the help file
"display" tab on config screen, "display file size as" option.
Old 10-24-2002, 03:37 PM   #3
Rippah
Disabled
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Tried That B4 i Posted

I tried the file size option in the display Tab B4 i posted a request for help (im not totally new to flashfxp) but no matter which option i tried it still displayed the same (incorrect filesizes) - - i'm using flashfxp version2.0 build 902 on windows 2000 ntfs .it still doesn't make any sense tho as ive been using this prog for nearly 2 years now (daily!!) but the auto upgrade option came up and ....bam -version 2 (but with wrong filesizes displayed ) are yours showing the correct filesizes?? 20mb instead of 19.78mb for example?
Old 10-24-2002, 04:17 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

FlashFXP measures a byte by 1024 and not 1000. I think that might be where you're mistaken.
Old 10-24-2002, 04:28 PM   #5
Rippah
Disabled
FlashFXP Registered User

Question mistaken?

ive been using flash fxp for almost 2 years now and all i know is that since ive upgraded to 2.0 the filesizes arent accurate !! - when u use winrar tell me what u see ?? file sizes are correct yes a 20mb file is 20mb on winrar (3.0) flash fxp used to be the same (on my pc) but now 20mb file is displayed the same way as windows explorer 19.532kb ~ not 20.000kb like it used to!!!
this makes it hard to tell if a file u have downloaded or about to dl is bad (unless u have an sfv/par file)
Old 10-24-2002, 05:11 PM   #6
Linkster
Administrator

set it to show file sizes in bytes...it will give you what you want. Thats exactly how it displayed in 1.4
Old 10-24-2002, 06:49 PM   #7
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default Re: mistaken?

Quote:
Originally posted by Rippah
ive been using flash fxp for almost 2 years now and all i know is that since ive upgraded to 2.0 the filesizes arent accurate !! - when u use winrar tell me what u see ?? file sizes are correct yes a 20mb file is 20mb on winrar (3.0) flash fxp used to be the same (on my pc) but now 20mb file is displayed the same way as windows explorer 19.532kb ~ not 20.000kb like it used to!!!
this makes it hard to tell if a file u have downloaded or about to dl is bad (unless u have an sfv/par file)
Its very simple, FlashFXP displays files as KB's instead of Bytes as it previously did... this is a user definable option.

Just load FlashFXP, got to Prefs (F6) -> Display Tab -> Display File Size As -> Bytes

and it will be back as it was..

I have answered this question 2 times, maybe try searching the board next time ?

If you read the second post (MxxCon's) you would have fixed it, instead of arguing with us..

Tags
bad, confused, file, sizes, true