Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 02-07-2002, 08:55 AM   #1
rebel_1

Exclamation big problem

can someone please help me.

i deleted in with flash fxp in a FTP server some files
but wasn't allowed to. now my question where are these files now plantet and how can i recover.
thx for help rebel

Old 02-07-2002, 09:20 AM   #2
Linkster
Administrator

There is no way to recover files off an ftp server after you delete them...unless the ftp server has a backup
Old 02-07-2002, 09:55 AM   #3
DYN_DaTa
FlashFXP Scripter

There is a possibility to recover these deleted files with Norton Ghost (i think that this program try to recover deleted files).

Try to contact with the admin of this server (if you can´t contact directly upload a txt file called "Admin_read_it" or something else in the root of the server) and explain to the admin inside this text file WHICH files you deleted.

Possibly if the admin had a backup of these files or a program like Norton Ghost he could restore the files... but pay more attention the next time
Old 02-07-2002, 11:32 AM   #4
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

DYN_DaTa,
If the server is in a unix-environment, the short answer is that the files are gone. Norton Ghost has nothing to do with data recovery directly. It's a windows-application used for creation mirror-images of anything from files to entire disks, in a word, backups.

rebel: I'm afraid there is a very big chance that your files are gone for good, even if the server is a windows-server. Most servers simply delete files, they won't use the trash-can like you might normally see on your own machine.

Tags
files, plantet, problem, question, rebel